Best Tourist Spot in Kerala – One of the most preferred tourist destinations of India, Kerala is visited by millions of domestic and international tourists every year. Cochin, Munnar, Thekkady (spice plantations), Alleppey and Kumarakom (backwaters), Cherai beach, Athirapally waterfalls, Trivandrum, Kanyakumari are some of the most popular places of Kerala.
Cochin is the preferred entry point of Kerala and one may exit from Trivandrum, covering all the famous cities falling in between. While in Trivandrum, you should also make a day trip to Kanyakumari. Kerala is connected with all major cities of India as also it’s connected with many countries through its own international airport. Trains are also an option as the state is connected with almost all the major cities of India.
- The Most popular places to see in Cochin are Jewish Synagogue, St.Thomas Church, St. Mary’s Cathedral, Dutch Palace, Chinese Fish Nets and Bolgatty Palace.
- One full day would be enough for you to see the place. But if you are arriving late evening or at night, then a two-night stay would be good unless you are short of time.
- Munnar is one of the most famous hill stations of Kerala located in the Western Ghats at a height of 1600 meters above sea level. It is famous for tea plantations which you can see for miles together. Some of the most popular places to see here are the Spice plantations, Rubber plantations, Cheeyappara & Valara waterfalls, etc.
- Eravikulam National Park which is also called Rajamala, the natural habitat of Nilgiri Tahr is a must visit. Echo Point, Mattupetty Dam, Kundala Lake are not to be missed. Enjoy a boat ride in Mattupetty Dam and Lake Kundala. Do visit the flower garden if you have some time left.
- You can also do some adventure activities in Munnar like a motorboat or speedboat in Mattupetty Dam, Kundala Lake, Elephant Safari, and Trekking.
- Thekkady is famous for its Spice plantations as also the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. It is famous for cinnamon, clove, pepper, cardamom and nutmeg plantations.
- Spread along an area of approx.925 sq.km, Periyar National Park is an Elephant and Tiger Reserve.
- It’s also home to endangered and rare flora and fauna. Apart from Elephants and Tigers, it’s inhabited by wild boar, langur, bison, sambar, Nilgiri Tahr and many such rare animals. You can visit this beautiful place in a boat. Read more about Thekkady.